Re: [swish-e] How do I index via HTTP when authentication is

From: Adam Douglas <ADouglas(at)not-real.venmarces.com>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 18:58:02 GMT
> Try logging in using your web browser and inspect cookies --
> you'll see that the cookies pertain to the domain, and that
> https and http are two distinct domains.

There is indeed the cookie present for the domain I'm using
blowfish.venmarces.com. Ahh I've never seen two different cookies based
on if https or http is used. It would be just based on the cookie name.
The domain however would not change and does not change. The use of the
cookie works perfectly fine outside of Swishe weather its http or https.
The swishe user is now logging into the site when I try to index the
authenticated side of the web site. It appears to be working but was
just asking if indeed it was by looking at the output it returned to me,
http://www.venmarces.com/swishe-spidering-output.txt.

Not sure I'm following here as to what your trying to find. Swishe is
indexing now just can't via https due to a Perl issue I believe but no
clue how to resolve it. If I change the SwishSpiderConfig to use https I
can this error message as shown below. No this module is not showing up
when I list installed Perl modules. However when I attempt to install
"cpan -i LWP::Protocol::https" or "cpan -i LWP::Protocol' I get a
response that its up to date. "LWP::Protocol::https::Socket".