Re: [swish-e] How do I index via HTTP when authentication is

From: Adam Douglas <ADouglas(at)not-real.venmarces.com>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 16:10:27 GMT
Hi Bill.

> 1.  You need to make sure your session (cookie)  is
> maintained as you traverse from the cleartext to the
> encrypted domains.

Well that obviously makes sense however I don't know how to track this.
I check who is logged into the web site and the swishe user never
appears as an authenticated client but appears as a non-authenticated
client (I see this by IP address).

> 2.  Does this response provide a <body> with links for the
> spider to follow?

Not exactly sure what you mean here. The login page after successfully
authenticated redirects to the homepage and yes there is links to spider
from that point. In my web server access logs I only see two log entries
when I initiate the indexing. So for some reason Swishe is dyeing at
/login/.

10.10.10.4 - - [21/Feb/2008:10:07:07 -0600] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1"
200 253 "-" "swish-e spider http://swish-e.org/"
10.10.10.4 - - [21/Feb/2008:10:07:09 -0600] "GET
/login/?szID=username&szPWD=password HTTP/1.1" 302 6226 "-" "swish-e
spider http://swish-e.org/"

Honestly I am at a loss now as I'm not sure what to try to resolve this
issue let alone track down more information to see what the problem is.
I'm rather confused as to why Swishe is not getting past the login page.
Is there some way I can see everything its doing?

Best,
Adam

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.