Re: [swish-e] How do I index via HTTP when authentication is

From: Adam Douglas <ADouglas(at)not-real.venmarces.com>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 21:05:38 GMT
Hi William. Well that would be a workable solution, however not one that
should be used in my opinion. Its to dangerous and should not be
necessary. Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Best,
Adam

>Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:14:20 -0800
>From: William Conlon <bill@tothept.com>
>Subject: Re: [swish-e] How do I index via HTTP when authentication is
required?
>To: Swish-e Users Discussion List <users@lists.swish-e.org>
>
>I wrote a backdoor in my login application that allows specified IP
addresses to login via GET, in order to have a simple way
>for swish-e to access protected content.
>
>Then just create a username/password combination for swish-e to login
with.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.