Re: [swish-e] Re: Proximity for Swish-e/SwishCtl

From: Herman Knoops <hk.sw(at)not-real.knoman.com>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 08:28:44 GMT
Sean,

> (the string passed to .init will look like this:
> @@KM@@c:/index+sch.idx) ???
This syntax is correct, where the first part tells the
base location of the index file(s), and the second part
says which index file(s) sould be used.
This is syntactically very critical, because error
handling in SwishCtl on this point is not that robust
as it could be (in other words: serious trouble if
the Init call fails -> as you experienced already).

> The indexes I have were created with swish-e v2.4.3
> (will that cause a problem) ?
We use the v2.4.0 commandline executable, but I don't
know anymore if the index format differs between these
two versions.

> The index property files created with this version have
> a .prop extension. I have renamed them .prp (which I
> think may be required for your swishctl)
We use .prp, and that works in our small test sample
for you (on an XP with IIS 5.1), so please stick
to .prp for the moment.

Can you check with some debug/auditing tools (eg filemon),
whether the .idx file is accessed at all, and if possibly
permissions are causing the problem ?

Herman Knoops
KnoMan b.v.
The Netherlands