Re: [swish-e] SWISH-WebService-0.01

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 15:22:52 GMT
On 01/31/2008 08:56 PM, Eric Jobidon wrote:
> I am trying to build the WebService library available on CPAN and after
> resolving most of the dependencies, I get stuck with an error message to the
> effect that it can't locate object method "new" via package
> "Search::Tools::XML". See log below.

I just uploaded 0.02 with a fix to CPAN. You can get it immediately if you can't wait for
the mirrors to propagate:

 http://peknet.com/~karpet/SWISH-WebService-0.02.tar.gz

That said, the 0.01 version was basically a prototype for something I ended up
implementing with Catalyst and Catalyst::Model::SWISH. If you find the WebService package
useful, please let me know, because it could use a thorough refactoring to make it easier
to use and to integrate with persistent engines like mod_perl and fastcgi.

> If I explicitly include a "package Search::Tools::XML;" at the top of the
> WebService.pm file, I get a different error message:

you wanted 'use Search::Tools::XML' instead.