Re: [swish-e] Installation of perl modules in Swish-e

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 02:41:25 GMT
On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 02:53:46PM -0500, Josh Rabinowitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that the current swish-e install puts the SWISH::API perl
> stuff into /usr/lib/perl5/... , but puts other perl stuff in
> /usr/local/lib/swish-e/ .
>
> I was talking with Peter Karman about this, and we thought that all
> the SWISH-E perl stuff should be handled and installed more like
> SWISH::API is.
>
> This is especially relevant to CPAN, RPMS and other packaging systems.

Most of that extra perl stuff is just examples that go along with
swish.cgi.  But I agree they should be properly packaged.

> Also, this bites Sman ( http://search.perl.org/~joshr/Sman ) because
> it's difficult to know for sure where to get Swish-e perl libraries
> like SWISH::DefaultHighlight

Right.  The scripts with the distribution get modified at install time
so they know where the modules are installed.  Nice when you install
multiple versions like I have.

Sees like we had a config program or some way to ask swish where the
the install paths were, no?

> Thoughts? I can assist bringing the remaining perl modules into line
> if there's interest.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh Rabinowitz
>

> --