[swish-e] Installation of perl modules in Swish-e

From: Josh Rabinowitz <joshr-swishe(at)>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 19:53:46 GMT

I noticed that the current swish-e install puts the SWISH::API perl
stuff into /usr/lib/perl5/... , but puts other perl stuff in
/usr/local/lib/swish-e/ .

I was talking with Peter Karman about this, and we thought that all
the SWISH-E perl stuff should be handled and installed more like

This is especially relevant to CPAN, RPMS and other packaging systems.

Also, this bites Sman ( ) because
it's difficult to know for sure where to get Swish-e perl libraries
like SWISH::DefaultHighlight

Thoughts? I can assist bringing the remaining perl modules into line
if there's interest.

Josh Rabinowitz

-- Josh Rabinowitz                  --
-- --