Re: [swish-e] How can I setup Private and Public Search Engine indexing

From: Adam Douglas <ADouglas(at)not-real.venmarces.com>
Date: Fri Jan 04 2008 - 19:03:14 GMT
Hi Bill Moseley, thank you for replying. Okay, that may work not sure.
I'm new to Swish-E so I apologize but where would this go, in the config
file? Having two different indexes makes sense entirely, however how do
I get Swish-E to index via HTTP/S for the private side when
authentication is require? My web site is driven almost entirely by
database, however the end results of how the content is put together is
done dynamically and therefore would require Swish-E to index via
HTTP/S.

Also one more thing, I noticed that in the config file you specify what
file types should be indexed. My webpages are of course XHTML but all
requests are centralized in one index PHP file, would I then have to set
the IndexContents to PHP .php?

Best,
Adam

>How about two indexes?
>
>    my @indexes = ( 'public.index' );
>    push @indexes, 'priviate.index' if $authenticated;

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.