Re: [swish-e] indexing with DirTree.pl - help needed

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sat Dec 22 2007 - 04:03:49 GMT
mattack wrote on 12/14/07 4:45 PM:

> Here are my problems and questions.
> *I'm really confused by the documentation. It assumes a lot of
> knowledge that I don't have and seems scattered.

agreed. a doc overhaul is planned for 2.6.

> * swish-e indexes hidden directories and files even though I added the
> example code to not index them into DirTree.pl. How can I stop this?

see below.

see http://swish-e.org/docs/swish-config.html#nocontents

> * Is there a way to index OpenOffice.org files? both spreadsheet and
> word processor? Can someone point me in a direction to look?

There's some mention of OO filters in the mail archive but no code.

I would check out unoconv and maybe write up a SWISH::Filters::OOffice around that.

> sub check_dir {
>     my $dir = shift;
>     return ! m[^\.]; # don't process .directories

should be:

      return $dir =~ m[^\.]; # don't process .directories