Re: [swish-e] -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

From: J Robinson <jrobinson852(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 17:57:26 GMT
From: Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2007 8:14:35 PM

J Robinson wrote on 11/27/07 3:37 PM:
> Hello, All:
>
> I was hoping that the swish-e developers could make the
> large file support options
>   (  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 )
>  the default for the next version of swish-e.
>
> I've been using those flags on swish-e since august 2005.
>
> Thoughts?
> jrobinson

I have made a first pass at auto-detecting the need for those compiler
 options
as of r1967 in swish-e/trunk (that's the 2.5.x leg).

Please have a play with svn or a nightly build created after tonight,
 and see
what works (and what does not) for you.

Peter:

Thanks for looking into all that and making that change!

Is there an easy way (short of actually building an index over 2.1GB) to test if swish-e 's large file support is setup correctly for a given system?

jrobinson