Re: [swish-e] -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

From: J Robinson <jrobinson852(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 15:10:34 GMT
Thanks for the response, peter:

My understanding is that building a too-large index with swish-e on either

1) a large-file enabled swish-e on a non-large-file filesystem
or
2) a non-large-file enabled swish-e

will result in about about the same error (core dump). So in that respect, I don't see a problem with enabling the large-file options with swish-e, even on a non-64-bit filesystem. Right?

I think the issue might be more that large-file-support indexes are slightly larger or slower (though I'm not positive this is even true). The big index support is a big win for those who need it!

Interested to hear more on the subject,
  jrobinson

Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:

If we could detect 64-bit filesystem arch at ./configure time, this
 could be
automatically added.

Dave? Bill?