Re: [swish-e] incremental index format produces *much* larger index files?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Nov 22 2007 - 17:20:25 GMT
Judith Retief wrote on 11/20/07 3:54 AM:

> However, my index files differ hugely in size: the merged index files add up
> to about 80M, the incremental index files almost 600M! What's going on?
>
> Is there anything that I could be doing wrong to be generating these huge
> files?

Without seeing examples of your configs and the merge commands you are running,
it's hard to speculate.

One guess is that at merge time duplicates are being tossed out. But that size
difference seems too significant.

IME, the index size varies a lot based on the number/size/compression of the
properties I am storing.