Re: [swish-e] ?suitable linux (web)mail software to use with swish

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 02:49:35 GMT
Please start a new thread and don't reply to an existing one. Otherwise your
mail can easily get lost in the shuffle.

Dr Michael Daly wrote on 11/12/07 8:25 PM:
> Dear List
> Has anyone any experience wtih using swish to index their email, and email
> attachments, which is kept on a server? I now have access to a virtual
> server arrangement, and wish to leave email on the server. I think the
> relevant terminology is IMAP.
>
> Could it be used to index Squirrelmail? Attachments as well as the emails?
> It is important I'm able to index attachments.

This kind of project (fulltext search of personal mail dirs) has long been on my
TODO list but I haven't yet thought of a good way to make the index accessible,
other than via a traditional HTTP method (cgi etc). Then gmail made it easy to
import other mail accounts and I lost some steam. ;)

You can see an example hypermail script in the swish-e dist in
prog-bin/index_hypermail.pl.