Re: [swish-e] streamjobs and swish-e

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 02:41:55 GMT wrote on 11/12/07 6:37 PM:

> /OutOfIndexDir/ $swish-e -c /usr/local/bin/swish-e.config -w 'oracle'
> 	--> This is telling me the indexes files does NOT exist. Why?
> ... The indexes 	files location is specified into the config
> file... VERY Bizare behavior!

You've hit on a common misunderstanding. swish-e *never* reads the config file
at search time, only at indexing time. So you must specify the path to the index
with the -f option at search time if it is not in the same directory as where
you are running the command ($PWD).

> "See my SWISH::WebService on CPAN for one example. It does RSS and a
> custom XML format."
> 	--> Do you mind indicating the precise places/name for the cgi
> script to implement the web services, that would be very kin of you.

SWISH::WebService is not a plugin feature for the swish.cgi script. I mentioned
it as an example of code that implements a XML result format. You'd have to
write some Perl code to use it. The SYNOPSIS of the module has a working example

> We do want to advertise on your engine and that would be great if you
> would use our name/references as users of swish-e.

I've added to our users list at

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)

Users mailing list