Re: [swish-e] Welcome to the "Users" mailing list

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 03:03:56 GMT
thierry@streamjobs.net wrote on 11/11/07 7:56 PM:

> First of all: is it normal that launching swish-e in a directory where
> the index file are not located results to a crash (it seems that the
> engine does not read the config file)

would have to see your config to know. Are you using mod_perl or cgi? The
swish.cgi included or your own code?

> 	=> what surprises me kind a lot is the fact that the generation
> of index is 	working.

that happens outside the Apache environment. What surprises you?

> 	=> if I launches the engine from the index directory I do not
> have problem!
>
> Second, is there any body that can tell me if it is possible to get the
> results of a query in XML format.

You'd have to either use the -x command line option or create a template that
formats results as XML. There is no native output in XML.

See my SWISH::WebService on CPAN for one example. It does RSS and a custom XML
format.

> Third, I would like to recup the query with another application, how can
> I get this results?

Not sure what you mean by "recup."