[swish-e] searching metanames and document

From: Michael Peters <mpeters(at)not-real.plusthree.com>
Date: Mon Nov 05 2007 - 06:08:03 GMT
Maybe I'm just blind or dumb but I can't quite get this to work. I have some XML
documents with various meta tags and properties that I've defined in my swish
config. I want to be able to do full text searches on the whole document or
limit those by meta tags. It's finding the text in the meta tags, but not in the
document.

swish-e -w title=perl # this returns the right result
swish-e -w perl       # this doesn't return anything

Now, from reading the docs it says this:

  Swish also, by default, indexes content of meta tags. So:
    swish-e -w foo
  will find "foo" in the body, the title, or any meta tags

Which is what I want it to do, but it's not doing it. My config looks like this:

    DefaultContents XML2
    IndexDir /tmp/jobs
    IndexOnly .xml
    FileMatch filename is job.xml
    StoreDescription XML <summary> 5000
    FuzzyIndexingMode Stemming_en2
    IgnoreWords File: /home/mpeters/development/data/stopwords.swishe
    MetaNames full_or_part_time paid summary title industry_sector
    PropertyNames full_or_part_time paid summary title industry_sector

Thoughts?

--
Michael Peters
Developer