Re: [swish-e] using incremental mode

From: Judith Retief <JudithR(at)not-real.inet.co.za>
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 06:27:30 GMT
Thanks for the response

> Also check out the -S prog header for updating:
> http://swish-e.org/docs/swish-run.html#item_update_mode_

Ok, so if I understand the documentation correctly, the UpdateMode can only
be used if you're using incremental-mode. In that case I should just use
UpdateMode = Index to index the data I'm passing on stdin, and UpdateMode =
Remove to remove it. Of course when removing one wouldn't pass the data
again, just the PathName ID.

Thanks, I read it incorrectly before.

> has just started work on a Berkeley DB-backed version of
> Swish-e that will enable better incremental work. It's not
> production-ready, but if you were interested in trying it
> out, I'm sure your feedback would be most helpful in getting
> it there.

Will first have to convince manager that I be allowed to spend time on this,
though :-) Right now I think I'll rather see if I can't get the latest
non-BDB version working for us.

You refer to the native 2.4/2.5 versions in the svn trunk, but I only see a
2.4 version? How stable is the 2.5 version? 2.4 works very well for us
already, if there aren't any issues particular to the incremental indexing
addressed in 2.5, I'll perhaps rather stick to 1.4.

Thanks
Judith