Re: [swish-e] Change the indexed 'title'

From: <josh(at)not-real.relativelysane.com>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 15:07:27 GMT

>>> !^([^/]+)/.*$!$1!, and then i did rename the directories and then tried
>your
>>> second ExtractPatch string)  and I am still getting same response, err, and
>
>>> results. The results below are from the renamed directories suggestion you
>
>>> made.
>>> try:
>>>
>>> swish-e -T index_all
>>>
>>> to dump the index and see what's getting indexed as what. And try running
>the
>>> indexer with the -v option set.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter Karman  .  peter(at)not-real.peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/
>>>

>> Ok, I traced out some things and I fixed the 'flavor' regex string. So now I
>am getting that in my search query. However I am still not getting any
>population on the <strong> portion of the search query.
>>
>> [josh@josh]# swish-e -w title AND flavor=strong -x '"<strong>"
>"<swishtitle>" "<flavor>"\n'
>> # SWISH format: 2.4.5
>> # Search words: title AND flavor=strong
>> # Removed stopwords:
>> # Number of hits: 1
>> # Search time: 0.000 seconds
>> # Run time: 0.009 seconds
>> "" "real title" "strong"
>> .
>>

>> Here are snips from the -T index_all:
>
>you must have something different in your set up than mine, since mine
>worked.
>Did you try indexing with any of the -T options to see what properties and
>meta
>names are getting parsed? I can't really do this work for you, just point out
>the tools you have at your disposal.
>
>--
>Peter Karman  .  peter(at)not-real.peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/

Peter,

Don't get me wrong; I am not expecting or asking for you to do the work for me. I am (was; now I have a lot more ammo) at a loss as to how to start and where to look - i need direction (and obviously a lot of it).. ;-)

As for my install; its a clean installation... Downloaded the program - ran the ./configure, Make and Make Install - and thats it....

I ran some of the -T options and I can't see it doing anything with the PropertyNames defined in the conf - other then defining them:

     flavor : id=10 type= 1  META_INDEX  Rank Bias=  0

     strong : id=11 type=70  META_PROP:STRING(case:ignore) SortKeyLen:    100  *presorted*

     a : id=12 type=70  META_PROP:STRING(case:ignore) SortKeyLen: 100  *presorted*

     flavor : id=13 type=70  META_PROP:STRING(case:ignore) SortKeyLen: 100  *presorted*

I am assuming that flavor is in there twice because of the one for the ExtractPath string, and the other due to the PropertyName string.

I know it is doing 'something' with the PropertyNames because when I do an index without them; its telling me '4 properties sorted', and when I do an index with them it tells me '7 properties sorted'....

It just doesn't look like its grabbing the data; if it was; the properties should be listed here, right?

    [josh@josh]# swish-e -c index.cfg -T PARSED_TAGS PROPERTIES
    Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
    Indexing "test"
          swishdocpath: 6 ( 33) S: "doc-href/docswith-ahref.html"
            swishtitle: 7 ( 10) S: "read title"
          swishdocsize: 8 (  4) N: "155"
     swishlastmodified: 9 (  4) D: "2007-10-24 15:38:02 EDT"
                flavor:13 (  4) S: "href"

          swishdocpath: 6 ( 38) S: "doc-normal/docsthatarenormal.html"
            swishtitle: 7 ( 37) S: "real title i want"
          swishdocsize: 8 (  4) N: "155"
     swishlastmodified: 9 (  4) D: "2007-10-24 15:37:21 EDT"
                flavor:13 (  6) S: "normal"

          swishdocpath: 6 ( 36) S: "doc-strong/docswith-strong.html"
            swishtitle: 7 ( 12) S: "real title"
          swishdocsize: 8 (  4) N: "132"
     swishlastmodified: 9 (  4) D: "2007-10-25 10:12:03 EDT"
                flavor:13 (  6) S: "strong"

The weird thing is that its grabbing and populating flavor, and I know thats from the ProperyName string because when I remove it from there; flavor isn't in the dump like the one above.

josh