Re: [swish-e] Change the indexed 'title'

From: <josh(at)>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 18:30:43 GMT
>On 10/24/2007 12:56 PM, wrote:
>> I am reading from the filesystem; the docs are in a directory structure
>> would isolate them from each other  (i.e., /docswith-ahref
>> /docswith-strong /docsthatarenormal). So all of the ones that I would need
>> to have use the 'a href' as the title are in the /docswith-ahref directory
>> etc... Other then that structure, they are not identifiable without looking
>> at the content.
>try the ExtractPath metaname then. See the config docs.
>If you use that in conjunction with PropertyNames for each of the title tags
>you want to use, you can get a great deal of flexibility in terms of what
>values you return and what kind of filtered queries you can construct.
>Peter Karman  .  peter(at)  .

I am not concerned with filtered queries or anything fancy like that; i just want the title on the output to be pulled from the HTML tags mentioned previously. I looked up the ExtractPath metaname; not really 100% on how that could help me use these fields as the 'title' on the output as opposed to the <title></title> field. I also looked up PropertyNames; and I set them in my cfg, but not sure how to populate them with the fields that I want form the html that it indexes......?

thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

Users mailing list