Re: [swish-e] Change the indexed 'title'

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 15:19:12 GMT
On 10/24/2007 10:00 AM, josh@relativelysane.com wrote:
> All,
>
> Quick question. I've scanned around the listserv and documentation - but I
> see no direct answer to this question.
>
> I want to be able to change the 'title' that is being indexed. Right now;
> swishtitle defaults to whatever is contained in the <title></title> tags on
> the html pages.. I want to be able to set it so that swishtitle defaults to
> whatever is contained in a 'different' tag in my html files; such as

I believe "title" is the hardcoded string used in parser.c so you can't
configure the tag to look for directly unless you change the C source and
recompile.

You could probably work around it by defining a PropertyName for the tag you
want to use as the title and returning that instead of swishtitle in your results.

However, if I were faced with that requirement, I would probably opt to filter
my docs before handing to swish-e's -S prog option. Unless I needed to also
capture the existing <title> content, in which case I would probably add a new
PropertyName and just return that instead of swishtitle.