[swish-e] swish search returns empty page since changing to mod_perl

From: Hahn, Markus <Markus.Hahn(at)not-real.ottogroup.com>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 07:42:21 GMT
Hi folks,
the swish search returns an empty document since i changed my apache config to handle my twiki requests via mod_perl. twiki was very slow before, and mod_perl gave the expected performance boost, but swish search does not return a content page anymore

The swish search is initiated via a html form:
<form method="get" action="http://eks-wiki.ov.otto.de/twiki/bin/searchtools/swish.cgi" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" class="form">

The call to the search engine is configured as described in http://www.swish-e.org/docs/swish.cgi.html#mod_perl
The http.conf extracts:

<Perl>
    use lib '/opt/twiki/twiki/bin/searchtools';  # location of the swish.cgi file
    use lib '/usr/local/lib/swish-e/perl'; # '/home/yourname/swish-e/example/modules';  # modules required by swish.cgi
    require "swish.cgi";
</Perl>

<Location /searchtools/ >
    PerlSetVar Swish_Conf_File /opt/twiki/twiki/bin/searchtools/swish-cgi.config
    allow from all
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler SwishSearch
</Location>

further information:
====================
swish-e Version: 2.4.5
operating system: Linux 2.6.19 #3 SMP

I would appreciate some valuable hints to the reasons for my problem.

best regards, markus

Markus Hahn
Markus Hahn
Otto Group
IT · Software-Entwicklung Einkauf · IL-SE-EK-ZA
Otto (GmbH & Co KG) · Wandsbeker Straße 3-7 · 22172 Hamburg
Telefon: +49 (0) 40 64 61 5752 · Fax: +49 (0) 40 64 64 5752
mailto:markus.hahn@ottogroup.com · www.ottogroup.com

AG Hamburg, HRA 62024, Persönlich haftend: Verwaltungsgesellschaft Otto mbH, Hamburg, AG Hamburg, HRB 13762
vertreten durch: Hans-Otto Schrader  (Vorsitzender) · Dr. Rainer Hillebrand (Stellvertretender Vorsitzender) · Alexander Birken ·
Diethard Gagelmann · Peter Gelsdorf · Dr. Wolfgang Linder · Jürgen Schulte-Laggenbeck · Dr. Winfried Zimmermann
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. h.c. Werner Otto (Ehrenvorsitzender) · Hans Jörg Hammer (Vorsitzender)