[swish-e] relative path problem...using apache

From: Dr Michael Daly <gp(at)not-real.holisticgp.com.au>
Date: Sun Jun 24 2007 - 07:40:45 GMT
Dear Users
Thanks for previous advice, the CGI search form is working!

(I have described below under *Paragraph 1,
*Paragraph 2 to make this easier to read).

*Paragraph 1.
Yes, there is a good return of results using the cgi web form
eg.
Page:1 2 3 4 Next 15
1 Reception.doc -- rank: 1000
(null)
Last Modified Date: 2007-05-11 14:25:16 EST
Document Size: 39424
Document Path: /home/server_dir/Clair/Reception.doc

2 Timetable06.doc -- rank: 770
(null)
Last Modified Date: 2006-05-17 11:00:27 EST
Document Size: 26624
Document Path: /home/server_dir/Correspondence/2006/Timetable06.doc

*Paragraph 2.
The trouble is when I click on the href link to the document in the search
return, it takes in the whole path eg

http://192.168.1.10:91/home/server_dir/Clair/Reception.doc -->document
does not open. To get the document to open it should just be linking to:
http://192.168.1.10:91/Clair/Reception.doc -->document opens then

*Paragraph 3.
This is because /home/server_dir is defined in:
<VirtualHost _default_:91>
DocumentRoot /home/server_dir
<Directory "/home/server_dir">
allow from all
Options +Indexes
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

(ie the problem is the link is trying to open:
/home/server_dir/home/server_dir/Clair/Reception.doc)

*Paragraph 4.
Does anyone have a solution?

(I am also accessed remotely using port forwarding but obviously need to
implement more security!)

Rgds
Michael from downunder
Dr Michael Daly MB BS GradDip(Integrative Medicine) GradCert(Evidence
Based Practice) M Bus(Information Innovation) GradDip(Document Management)
Tel: 03 9533 1977
Mob: 0413 879 029
http://www.holisticgp.com.au