Re: [swish-e] Swish-e Keyword Report

From: <Rene.Kloos(at)not-real.esa.int>
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 15:10:07 GMT
Hello!

I use AWStats to do that. This free web log analyzer allows you to put in
custom sections to do exactly what you want, I use it for this exact purpose
on one of our intranet pages. Of course Swish-e is a great tool and I am a
very happy user, but there are some other useful packages around too :-)

But then again, I am not fully aware of your situation :-)

Cheers,

René

             Thomas Kirwin
             <TKirwin@PFCU.COM>
             Sent by:                                                     To
             users-bounces@list         users@lists.swish-e.org
             s.swish-e.org                                                cc

                                                                     Subject
             19/06/2007 15:56           [swish-e] Swish-e Keyword Report

             Please respond to
               Swish-e Users
              Discussion List
             <users@lists.swish
                  -e.org>

Hi Gerald,

I was unable to impliment your solution back in 2002 and was hoping that you
still use Swish-e and could provide some guidance regarding the code used in
the footer() and defining $searchlog in the variables at the top of the
script.

"Then I added a call to the log routine from in within footer(). Note that
the var $searchlog must be defined in the variables initialization at the top
of the script."

Thanks!

Tom Kirwin

Thomas,

I also watch submitted query strings to decide if I need to add words,
aliases or common misspellings to my documents.
I added the following subroutine to my CGI to capture info to a log file.

---snip---
sub log_it {
# The log file must be writable by the web process (nobody)
open(LOG,">>$searchlog") || print "could not open log file please notify
webmaster";
# Only log if this is the production version of the script
if ( "$scrpt[$#scrpt]" eq "search.pl" ) {
print LOG "$acctime ^ $tcount ^ $query ^ $next ^ $kb\n"; }
else {
# if this is not the production script, print the troubleshooting info
# like the command line, the URL generated for the "Next" link, and all vars
# to the HTML page and nothing to the log file
print "<HR>This is the development
script<HR>$command_line<HR>$next_link<HR>$vars";
print "<HR>$ENV{HTTP_REFERER}";
     }

close(LOG);
}

---end snip--

Then I added a call to the log routine from in within footer().
Note that the var $searchlog must be defined in the variables
initialization at the top of the script.

Gerald

Thomas Kirwin wrote:

> Question: I am attempting to obtain code or instructions to make SWISH-E
> record top key words used by visitors when searching our site at
> www.pfcu.com.  Such a utility or add-on would greatly help me maximize our
> site search engine results by allowing the inclusion of popular key words
> within the page or tag.
>
> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom Kirwin
> e-Commerce Administrator
>
> Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
> 12800 Townsend Road
> Philadelphia, PA 19154
> W - (215) 934-4031
> F - (215) 934-4039
> www.pfcu.com

Regards,

Tom Kirwin
e-Commerce Administrator

Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
12800 Townsend Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154
W - (215) 934-4031
F - (215) 934-4039
www.pfcu.com

P.S. Membership is a lifetime benefit!

intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving,
copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply