[swish-e] Ranking Trouble

From: Joshua Sowin <joshua.sowin(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 05 2007 - 17:19:01 GMT
Hi all,

I've been using swish-e for a large website for about a year now but we're
having some major ranking problems. For instance, we have a product called
"When I Don't Desire God" and it uses that exact name in the title and h1.
You'd think it would be the first result when someone types that EXACT
phrase in (with or without quotes), but without quotes it's not even on the
first page! Things that are comparatively unrelated come up, because they
have the word "god" in them a number of times, but do not have the requested
search phrase anywhere.

Does anyone know how to solve this? It seems like what needs to happen is
have swish-e rank things higher if the words occur in order or in proximity.
I couldn't find a setting for that in the config, but maybe I'm missing the
obvious. I'm sure others have had this problem, too.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh