Re: [swish-e] error: can't load API.so -> libswish-e.so.2 not found

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 02:00:19 GMT
Miranda Hawarden-Ogata wrote on 5/24/07 8:49 PM:
> Thanks, I just realized that while I had actually put that in my
> /etc/ld.so.conf file, I missed the bit saying I needed to run ldconfig
> afterwards. Having done that, I now get search.cgi syntax OK when I run
> perl -c search.cgi.
>
> However, I'm running into a problem with the script on the web browser. When
> I actually do a search, I get errors about "Unknown metaname 'swishdocpath'"
> (or swishtitle). The error_log file has this output:
>
> [Thu May 24 15:22:50 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] undef error - Unknown
> property name in display properties Invalid property name 'swishdescription'
> at /usr/local/swish/swish-e/share/swish-e/templates/search.tt line 79.,
> referer: http://irtfweb2/cgi-bin/search.cgi
> [Thu May 24 15:22:50 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] Premature end of script
> headers: search.cgi, referer: http://irtfweb2/cgi-bin/search.cgi
> [Thu May 24 15:22:50 2007] [error] [client X.X.X.X] File does not exist:
> /var/www/html/(EmptyReference!), referer:
> http://irtfweb2/cgi-bin/search.cgi?query=miranda&submit=Search%21&metaname=swishdefault
>

> I have a vanilla search.cgi (other than setting my index file path)....

IIRC, search.cgi is just an example script, and it likely assumes that you've
got an index with the swishdescription property. That isn't a default property;
see the StoreDescription directive about how to set that up in your config file.

If you are new to Perl (iirc your previous mail said that), I would suggest
working with the swish.cgi script to get started, since it is a fully-featured
app rather than just an example. search.cgi is an example for folks who are
Perl-savvy and want to write their own apps.

You can still use SWISH::API with swish.cgi, iirc. Check the docs (and maybe
grok the source?) for how to turn that on.