[swish-e] SWISH authentication on Intranet/MediaWiki

From: Robin Gist <djkryptyk(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 23:58:55 GMT
Hello -- I've been a user of swish for a little while now.  I really like
it, so I want to use it for spidering a MediaWiki-based intranet, which uses
a form-based authentication (instead of Basic HTTP Auth).  Unfortunately
(from my perspective), it is POST-based instead of GET-based auth, so I
cannot easily mock up a URL with a username and password.

Has anyone out there tackled POSTED form-based authentication with swish, in
particular with MediaWiki, or have an idea about how I may approach this
problem??  I've been chasing this down for the better part of a day (from
both sides).    When resolved, I'll happily share my results with the rest
of the class.

Many thanks
Robin