Re: [swish-e] How to use MetaNamesRank properly?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 15:43:57 GMT
Greg Ryjikh scribbled on 05/15/07 01:59:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am having a problem when trying to make MetaNamesRank directive
> changes search ratings for xml files. For testing  I created a directory
> with just two small xml files
>
> aa.xml:
> <content>
>     <contentlabel>test</contentlabel>
>     <contentbody>some body</contentbody>
> </content>
>
> bb.xml:
> <content>
>     <contentlabel>some label</contentlabel>
>     <contentbody>test</contentbody>
> </content>
>
> Config file I was using looks like that:
>
> MetaNames content contentlabel contentbody
>
> MetaNamesRank 5 contentlabel
> MetaNamesRank 0 contentbody
>
> IndexContents XML .xml
>
> IndexDir C:/SWISH-E/bin/index/
> IndexFile C:/SWISH-E/bin/test_index.dat
>
> Note that I have tried to use all sort of different ratings and
> different parser as well (by using XML2). It seems that setting any
> values for MetaNamesRank doesn't change result of my search:
>
> swish-e.exe -f test_index.dat -w (content=test)
>
> For any settings of MetaNamesRank both my files are getting the same
> Rank=1000:
> 1000 C:/SWISH-E/bin/index/bb.xml "bb.xml" 97
> 1000 C:/SWISH-E/bin/index/aa.xml "aa.xml" 96
>
> Is it something that I am doing wrong?

a couple things.

1. You aren't searching for either of the MetaNames that you set a rank
bias for. 'content' is just a wrapper and I wouldn't expect it to show a
bias.

2. Your test docs are too small to show an appreciable difference in
rank scores. Try docs that are 10x bigger, and make them significantly
different in size.