[swish-e] How to use MetaNamesRank properly?

From: Greg Ryjikh <gregr(at)>
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 06:59:51 GMT
Hi guys,

I am having a problem when trying to make MetaNamesRank directive
changes search ratings for xml files. For testing  I created a directory
with just two small xml files

    <contentbody>some body</contentbody>

    <contentlabel>some label</contentlabel>

Config file I was using looks like that:

MetaNames content contentlabel contentbody

MetaNamesRank 5 contentlabel
MetaNamesRank 0 contentbody

IndexContents XML .xml

IndexDir C:/SWISH-E/bin/index/
IndexFile C:/SWISH-E/bin/test_index.dat

Note that I have tried to use all sort of different ratings and
different parser as well (by using XML2). It seems that setting any
values for MetaNamesRank doesn't change result of my search:

swish-e.exe -f test_index.dat -w (content=test)

For any settings of MetaNamesRank both my files are getting the same
1000 C:/SWISH-E/bin/index/bb.xml "bb.xml" 97
1000 C:/SWISH-E/bin/index/aa.xml "aa.xml" 96

Is it something that I am doing wrong?

I am using Swish-E version 2.4.5 on Windows XP.

Best Regards
Greg Ryjikh
Users mailing list