[swish-e] Limits flag in swish.cgi

From: Douglas Fox <douglas.fox(at)not-real.utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 19:48:11 GMT
I need to include on a search form a query for a range within one metaname index.

I have been using swish.cgi, but when I try this type of search using the -L flag, it comes up
with no hits.

For example, the search "pratesi -L DCTERMS.spatial h t" in my form (which is still pretty
close to the standard swish.cgi form) returns no results, though the corresponding search
from the command line,

"swish-e -w pratesi -L DCTERMS.spatial h t" limits to the correct portion of the
DCTERMS.spatial (i.e. placename) index.

I can successfully do an ordinary search on a metaname from the form, e.g. a search such
as DCTERMS.spatial=villach works. Boolean operators also work.

Does swish.cgi support use of the -L flag in searches? Any suggested workaround, if not?

TIA for any advice,

Doug Fox

--
Douglas Fox
Systems Librarian

Every word, when once it is written, is bandied about, alike among those who
understand and those who have no interest in it ... - Socrates