[swish-e] Sound advice for RHEL4 install

From: Douglas Fox <douglas.fox(at)not-real.utoronto.ca>
Date: Sat May 05 2007 - 16:48:29 GMT
Hi,
I have been testing Swish-e on a Windows machine for a couple of months while I put
together a small indexing project. It is great software and I'm really pleased, especially with
the support for meta tags and templating. (I'm using SWISH::TemplateHTMLTemplate to
create a custom search form and results list.)

I'm now ready to move the project to our Redhat (RHEL 4) / Apache production web server. It
already has Perl and mod_perl installed.

I would very much appreciate any good advice for those contemplating putting Swish-e on a
RHEL server. I have looked at the the documentation for Linux installs in general, and noted
the advice on use of the -R option when compiling in Redhat. But for instance, should I use
the existing Perl support, or install another Perl? Any special pitfalls to avoid?

Many thanks for any advice.

Doug Fox

--
Douglas Fox