Re: [swish-e] parsing errors when indexing mails

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 12:42:47 GMT
On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 10:32:05AM +0200, Kokot Seweryn wrote:
> I've just installed swish-e from debian unstable repository (apt-get
> install swish-e) and when I want to create an index for my mails I
> get the following errors. At home I get the same errors for gnus
> mail archives. Is it debian's package problem or something with
> swish-e configuration? Any idea?

It thinks the email you are indexing is markup not plain text.
One solution is to tell the parser you are indexing plain text.

    DefaultContents TXT*

The more useful solution would be to use a program to parse the mail
into a format that swish can use, such as extracting the subject, To,
>From and other headers, body, and possibly attachments into separate
sections and index as separate meta tags.

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs