Re: [swish-e] swish-e 2.4.5 on RHEL3: spider.pl perl module problem

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 01:44:30 GMT
Guy Waugh scribbled on 4/16/07 8:35 PM:
> Hello,
>
> I've just compiled swish-e on an RHEL3 server and I'm trying to use
> spider.pl to index a website. I've installed swish-e in
> /usr/local/inst/www/swish-e-2.4.5.
>
> When I cd to the /usr/local/inst/www/swish-e-2.4.5/lib/swish-e directory
> and run './spider.pl default http://<url.to.index>/', it says this:
>
> No SWISH filters found
> ./spider.pl: Reading parameters from 'default'
> Can't locate object method "decoded_content" via package "HTTP::Headers"
> at (eval 20) line 1.

SWISH::Filter should be installed in
/usr/local/inst/www/swish-e-2.4.5/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/Filter.pm

spider.pl should have its @INC set to include the path:

  /usr/local/inst/www/swish-e-2.4.5/lib/swish-e/perl

automatically as part of the install. You might want to check the 'use lib'
lines at the start of the spider.pl to make sure they are correct.

Looks like you many need to install HTTP::Headers as well.

I've been a RedHat user for many years, but I shy from using the perl module
RPMs except when they're needed in support of some other rpm (like a db package,
Apache, etc.). Instead, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the perl CPAN
tools. Should be as simple as:

  sudo cpan -i HTTP::Headers

and you'll need to configure it the first time you run it (which it'll walk you
through). See:

  perldoc cpan

for more info.