Re: [swish-e] swish api for .net application

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 21:05:19 GMT
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 04:19:47PM -0400, isaac dinewitz wrote:
> Can anyone direct me to such a program. At this time I am trying to develope
> it myself using shell execute or system diagnostic process. The problem is
> that I first have to wtite a batch file in order to start the process. .net
> It will not accept any of the switches like "-w" for example, so I must
> create first a .bat file and put in it "swish-e.exe -f index.dat -w word"
> for example. This is cunbersome and slow. Did anyone solve this problem?

Well, I'm going to sound like an idiot as I know nothing about .NET...

I would suspect (and hope) you could write an interface ("component"
in .net speak?) to the .dll swish-e library for .net.

Perhaps a .net discussion list would be the best place to ask.  The
swish-e API is not too complex:

    http://swish-e.org/docs/swish-library.html

BTW -- There's also an ActiveX API that you might take a look at:

    http://svn.swish-e.org/swishctl/

Not sure if that's of any use with .NET, though.

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs