[swish-e] Indexing not working, but no errors

From: <Jeff_Johnson(at)not-real.moed.uscourts.gov>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 21:40:34 GMT
I previously had swish-e working on a Solaris box (which also had another
application on it).  About a year ago we moved the other application to a
Linux box and had other issues to take care of before moving swish-e to
this Linux box.

I can run "swish-e -i 1PageDocument.pdf" and get no errors (the document
itself just says "Test document 1").  When I run "swish-e -w test" it says
it can't find it.  I have also tried indexing other documents and do
searches on them with no luck.  I am using the default swish-config file.
Can someone point me to where I should look next?  I have been reading
through the documentation as well as searching the swish-e archives for an
answer.  Thanks.

#uname -a
Linux moedleo 2.4.21-40.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Feb 2 22:22:39 EST 2006 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux
#swish-e -V
SWISH-E 2.4.3
#./swish-e -i 1PageTestDocument1.pdf -v3
Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Indexing "1PageTestDocument1.pdf"

Checking file "1PageTestDocument1.pdf"...
  1PageTestDocument1.pdf - Using DEFAULT (HTML2) parser -  (206 words)

Removing very common words...
no words removed.
Writing main index...
Sorting words ...
Sorting 102 words alphabetically
Writing header ...
Writing index entries ...
  Writing word text: Complete
  Writing word hash: Complete
  Writing word data: Complete
102 unique words indexed.
4 properties sorted.
1 file indexed.  4,417 total bytes.  206 total words.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00 CPU time: 00:00:00
Indexing done!
# ./swish-e -w test
# SWISH format: 2.4.3
# Search words: test