Re: [swish-e] IndexOnly and NoContents, and indexing image files

From: Lesley Walker <lesley.walker(at)not-real.opus.co.nz>
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 06:25:12 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 05:25:53PM +1300, Lesley Walker wrote:
>
>> However, if we do that, we get a zillion warning messages saying that
>> null characters have been been substituted with newlines in .gif files.
>> This would seem to indicate that Swish-e is attempting (rather
>> uselessly) to index the content of the .gif files.
>>

> That's a bug, I suspect.

Would you like me to file a bug report and/or provide any further
information?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try the config one at at least. I don't
know that I'll have time to do a build but I'll see how things go.

> Do you really need to index your file names?  It's not a feature that
> seems to be used very often.

I honestly don't know, although I suspect not.  I've taken .gif out of
IndexOnly, so I'll find out next week if anybody notices.  :-)

Thanks for you help,
Lesley W