[swish-e] IndexOnly and NoContents, and indexing image files

From: Lesley Walker <lesley.walker(at)not-real.opus.co.nz>
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 04:25:53 GMT
Hi all,
If I've understood the documentation correctly, if we put ".gif" into
both the IndexOnly and NoContents directives, the result should be that
Swish-e will index the names of .gif files but not attempt to index
their contents.

However, if we do that, we get a zillion warning messages saying that
null characters have been been substituted with newlines in .gif files.
This would seem to indicate that Swish-e is attempting (rather
uselessly) to index the content of the .gif files.

Have I got something wrong, or is this expected behaviour?

Running Swish-e version 2.4.3, Debian-packaged.
Actual directives from config file:
> IndexOnly .html .htm .txt .cnt .gif .shm .xbm .au .mov .mpg  .doc .pdf
> NoContents .gif .xbm .au .mov .mpg

Lesley Walker
--
Lesley Walker