Re: [swish-e] Swish 2.4.5 working,

From: Bernard T. Higonnet <bth(at)not-real.higonnet.net>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 19:38:49 GMT
On Sunday 25 February 2007 02:46, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 06:36:48PM +0100, Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 February 2007 18:00, Peter Karman wrote:
> > > Bernard T. Higonnet scribbled on 2/23/07 5:36 PM:
.
.
.
> As a side note, personally I wouldn't recommend using Apache::Registry for
> your mod_perl application.  It's probably fine, but in the past I've
> had weird problems with registry.  Just write a real mod_perl handler.  I
> think the example scripts included with swish have a mod_perl hander
> entry point that you could use as an example.

Further investigation has shown that

1) swish is working just fine
2) my little program works fine at command level AND as a plain old cgi script
(quite identical results) but
3) I am having REAL problems running with mod_perl

When running with mod_perl, I have two observable problems:

1) swish->Error always returns true
2) my $hits = $results->Hits;
     print "Found ", $hits, " hits";

If I print $hits as an integer (i.e. as shown above) the result is an absurd
number, if I print it as a long integer the result is fine (same as command
level or CGI simple integer). Because swish->Error returns an integer
problems (1) and (2) are basically the same...

This does not strike me as a bigendian/smallendian problem nor a compiled from
source/package problem.

Any thoughts?

Bernard Higonnet