Re: [swish-e] Custom Results Page

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 07:05:53 GMT
On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 08:20:43AM +0200, Clint wrote:

> Within swish.cgi in my cgi-bin, the following lines appear:

Remove the "x" from the one you want to use.  Those are just examples
of different template configurations.

The hard-coded default is SWISH::TemplateDefault (which doesn't use an
external template file like SWISH::TemplateToolkit or
SWISH::TemplateHTMLTemplate.

The other option is to define your template in an external config file
as Jason showed.

> xtemplate => {
>            package     => 'SWISH::TemplateDefault',
>        },
>
>        xtemplate => {
>            package     => 'SWISH::TemplateDumper',
>        },
>
>        xtemplate => {
>            package         => 'SWISH::TemplateToolkit',
>            file            => 'swish.tt',
>            options         => {
>                INCLUDE_PATH    => '/usr/local/share/swish-e',
>                #PRE_PROCESS     => 'config',
>            },
>        },
>
>        xtemplate => {
>            package         => 'SWISH::TemplateHTMLTemplate',
>            options         => {
>                filename            => 'swish.tmpl',
>                path                => '/usr/local/share/swish-e',
>                die_on_bad_params   => 0,
>                loop_context_vars   => 1,
>                cache   => 1,
>    },
> },
> However, it refuses to use the templates, instead uses the Default template.
>
> I don't get any errors.
>
> Regards
> Clint
>

> Bill Moseley wrote:
> >On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:25:38AM +0200, Clint wrote:
> >
> >>I installed Swish-e 2.4.5 as an installation without root access and
> >>replaced the swish.tt and swish.tmpl files with the ones from a previous
> >>installation (we moved servers recently), but no matter what I do, the
> >>results page remains the standard one. If I look inside swish.cgi,
> >>situated in the cgi-bin directory, the paths for those templates are
> >>correct, but still no luck. Have I missed a step, or how does one get
> >>swish-e to use a custom results page?
> >>

> >Are you sure you are looking at the correct script?  Are you using
> >Template::Toolkit or HTML::Template for your templates?  Look at the
> >top of swish.cgi and you should see "INCLUDE_PATH" (for .tt) or "path"
> >(for .tmpl) -- that's where it's looking for your templates.

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs