Re: [swish-e] Wheel reinventing - can I use swish-e?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 19:08:06 GMT
Simon Waters scribbled on 2/7/07 11:49 AM:

> I assume that deletions (or disabling) isn't supported yet, couldn't see it in
> the docs?

depending on the size of your data set, that's going to be your biggest
bottleneck. There is an incremental version of the Swish-e index that you can
enable at swish-e compile time, which would allow you to add/update/delete
records. But from the sound of what you're doing, I think I would use a RDBMS.

That said, I've (ab)used Swish-e to do similar projects to the one you're
describing, both alone and in tandem with a db.

I know that back when was still, it used Swish-e in
combination with MySQL. That was was pretty large-scale.

Others on the list may have stories to tell.
Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list