[swish-e] MetaRankBias?

From: Jerome Woody <jwoody(at)not-real.grist.org>
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 21:12:13 GMT
Hello:

I'm currently working with merging two swish-e indexes, one extracted
from HTML pages for our website, and one extracted from database records
from our blog site. The merge works well and I'm successful searching
form both sources through a merged index, but it seems that rank-wise,
the results of the blog tops the results form the static based website.

I'm working on tweaking the relevance ranking on the index, and was
curious about the MetaRankBias configuration directive. The man pages
and swish-e documentation refers to it, but I can not find any detailed
information about how it works and how to use it.

Can anyone point me to a more detailed source about MetaRankBias?

<http://www.grist.org> <http://www.grist.org/>   <http://www.grist.org/>
 <http://www.grist.org/>  <http://www.grist.org/>
<http://www.grist.org> Jerome Woody | Web Developer
206.876.2020 ext. 231 | www.grist.org
Sign up <http://www.grist.org/signup/>  to receive free environmental
news and commentary by email

Please note our new address: 710 Second Ave. Suite 860 | Seattle, WA
98104