Re: [swish-e] Swish-E for ActivePerl Windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 15:51:19 GMT
On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 09:31 -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> IIRC the swish installer puts the relevant auto/SWISH/* stuff in
>
>    c:\Perl\lib

Actually, the installer gets the Perl prefix directory from the most
recently installed version of ActivePerl in the registry.

Could the spaces in "Program Files" and "ActiveState Perl Dev Kit 6.0
Deployment" be causing some sort of problem?  I wouldn't think so,
though.

> so you might need a symlink from
>    c:\Perl\lib -> c:\Perl58\lib
> (I know they are not called symlinks on windows -- shortcut?)

With NTFS you could create a junction on 2000/XP (or an actual symlink
on Vista) in that sort of case.

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/