Re: patch for SwishGetStructure()

From: Antony Dovgal <antony(at)not-real.zend.com>
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 22:03:37 GMT
On 01/31/2007 12:48 AM, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 01:19:36PM -0800, Antony Dovgal wrote:
>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>> --------------090400070304040604030703
>>
>> Hello all.
>>
>> Any objections for a function to get the value of search->structure?
>> See patch in attachment.
>
> I don't mind.  Are you actually using that structure value?  I mean if
> you are setting it then you should know what it is.

Yes, but as far as I understand the value is a bitmask, right?
With this function you can get the value, add another bit to it and set it back, instead of storing the value somewhere else (to change & set it later).

> Could I ask you to also supply patches for the *.pod and CHANGES.pod
> files?  The patch will set longer if I have to write the docs. ;)

Sure, no problem.
I'll do that tomorrow.

> Swish::API probably needs to be updated, too, but Peter may
> want to do that since there's a version on CPAN.
>
> In a perfect world there would be tests for every feature, too.

Well, in a perfect world all function names would be consistent and clear, and every function would have a nice docs.
Too bad our world is not perfect.. =)

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal