Re: .cvsignore files for every dir

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 18:06:43 GMT
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:34:44PM +0300, Antony Dovgal wrote:
> On 01/30/2007 08:24 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:
> >On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:50:16AM -0800, Antony Dovgal wrote:
> >>Hello all.
> >>
> >>In the archive at the URL below you can find .cvsignore files for every
> >>dir in the source tree.
> >>Just unpack it in the sources root dir and tar should put all the files
> >>in their places.
> >>
> >>http://tony2001.phpclub.net/dev/tmp/cvsignore.tar.gz
> >
> >*.lo
> >*.la
> >Makefile
> >deps
> >libs
> >*.1
> >*.log
> >*.out
> >INSTALL
> >README
> >autom4te.cache
> >config.h.in
> >config.status
> >libtool
> >
> >You an also build outside the source tree and a lot of those files
> >won't end up in your source.
>
> Well, in this case `cvs up` won't see them, which exactly what I'm trying
> to achieve.

That's my point.  If you build outside of the source tree then there's
less to ignore in the source tree.  There's a few exceptions, since
the cvs build creates files in the source tree used for creating the
distribution, like README, INSTALL and the html and man pages.

I often build in the source directory so a good .cvsignore is nice to
have.  Thanks.

Moving to subversion soon, so all this will change.