Re: Need help on installing

From: <hyuan3(at)not-real.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sat Jan 13 2007 - 18:46:28 GMT
Thanks Dave!
With your hint, I found the solution. It seems to be apple's fault as someone said.

Here is what I did.

First, I verified that the developer tools are installed by replacing ld='MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 cc'
with
ld='env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 cc' in file "/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm".

Second, I run
sudo ln -s /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.0.sdk/usr/lib/bundle1.o /usr/lib

This will create a symbolic link between where apple has installed that file and where they were supposed to install the file. Presumably the MACOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable was supposed to address that, but actually it hasn't.

Then I began to install the SWISH::stemmer perl module and got no error. After the stemmer module was installed successfully. The error "Can't locate loadable object for module SWISH::Stemmer in @INC" is gone.

Thanks again!

Huamin(Michael)