From: James <swish.enhanced(at)>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 13:15:44 GMT
Good morning again!

I have another question.  I am pretty sure someone on this discussion list
has some knowledge about User-Agents (bots in particular) that seem to use
Mozilla/2.0 or Mozilla/5.0.  For instance, Ask seems to use Mozilla/2.0 and
Google seems to use Mozilla/5.0.  Do you know what this means?  Are they
somehow running their spider through Mozilla?  Do they have Mozilla
installed on their server to do this somehow?  Are there advantages to
this?  I wondered if the Swish-e spider could be enhanced by doing this.
For instance, maybe this would solve the UTF-8 issue?  Maybe it would solve
other issues too.  I am speaking out of "ignorance" because this aspect of
Google and Ask are not known to me.  Perhaps someone could help out in this
area.  Bill?

Thanks for your time!

to a plain text message.