Another HTML entities query

From: max thom stahl <mstahl(at)not-real.vsapartners.com>
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 23:07:11 GMT
Ok . . . last month I asked about HTML entities and didn't really have a
good chance to tweak about with things. What's going on is that the
spider is definitely pulling down metadata from my site with entities
like &mdash; and &rsquo; and whatnot unencoded, which means it's UTF-8?

In spider.pl, I should be able to find a spot to make a call to
HTML::Entities::encode_entities to make it so that what gets output to
Swish-e  has those entities encoded, right? What I'm getting now is em
dashes are, instead of &mdash;, some bizarre-looking character that
looks like an `A' with a box around it. Same story with right single
quotes, too. . . .

Is there some way I can do this?

- m a x

--