Re: Indexing protected area

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 00:51:31 GMT
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 04:37:34PM -0800, Lesley Walker wrote:
> I need to index pages that are protected by htaccess files, and I'm
> wondering if I can do it reasonably easily with the currently-installed
> Swish-e (version 2.4.3) or will I have to install htdig?

http://swish-e.org/docs/spider.html

    If a URL is protected by Basic Authentication you will be prompted
    for a username and password. The parameter max_wait_time controls
    how long to wait for user entry before skipping the current URL.
    See also credentials below.

- credentials

You may specify a username and password to be used automatically when spidering:

    credentials => 'username:password',

        A username and password supplied in a URL will override this setting.
        This username and password will be used for every request.

        See also the get_password callback function below. get_password, if
        defined, will be called when a page requires authorization.