Re: template

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 17:49:32 GMT
On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 09:01:41AM -0800, Michael Marcotte wrote:
> Hi,=0A=0A=0AI'm french and according to the law in Qu=E9bec, we need to use=
>  french programs in this province. I'm trying to get the swish.cgi template=
>  in frech, but i'm a little bit lost in the configuration file. I want to k=
> now if I only need to edit one file, to get =0A=0A                Limit sea=
> rch to, Title ... change.=0A=0A=0ASpecial thanks to Swish-e's team for your=
>  great program!=0A=0A=0Amichael=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=
> l vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non nolli=
> cit=E9s =0Ahttp://mail.yahoo.ca Yahoo! Courriel

How do you detect which language to show?  Or do you offer a way to
set it?

When you say template I'm assuming you are talking about a Template
Toolkit template.

This question comes up a lot on the Template Toolkit list, and there
are a number of different solutions, such as selecting the template
based on the language or using special language tags within the same
template.

You can alter the swish.cgi "template" configuration per request.
What I'd probably do is set the INCLUDE_PATH to an array ref in the
config, and then alter that array per request to include an extra
directory based on the language.  Then Template Toolkit will search
the language directory first, then fall back to the default directory.

That make sense?