Re: Swish-e on IIS with ActiveState perl

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 21:24:43 GMT
max thom stahl scribbled on 11/10/06 3:13 PM:
> I've wasted way too much time on this now. Time to ask for some help.
>
> Here's my setup:
> * ActiveState Perl 5.8.8
> * Swish-e 2.4.4
> * Microsoft Windows XP (test) and IIS (production)
>
> I can get neither of these working and I've tried pretty much everything
> I can find in the discussion on this list. This after it was so
> trivially easy to get it running with the perl module and Apache on my
> mac. So I beseech you, the Swish-e community, to assist me please. I
> hear rumours that people have gotten this to work; I've even heard
> multiple stories of it happening in actual production environments.
> Mine's just not behaving. On my test machine I get an error that it's
> missing zlib (which it shouldn't be), and on the big server I just get
> either a 404 error, which is baffling, or I get an error that the script
> didn't return any headers. Both of those error messages are pretty
> useless to me.

it's hard to know what "it" is exactly that you're trying to get working under
windows. The swish.cgi script? The swish-e.exe command line tool?

Make sure the swish-e.exe command line tool works first of all. If it doesn't,
then you have a broken install. The most common issue under windows is
installing in a dir with a space in the name. Various things don't like that.