multiple select_by_meta in swish.cgi

From: Cas Tuyn <cas.tuyn(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 15:56:20 GMT
Hi,

As you remember I totally went the Swish way using the
standard-supplied swish.cgi and TemplateDefault.pm

All my extra search fields (Sector, Department, Extension) work out of
the box, but now that I want to make it a little more userfriendly, I
get the following problem, it looks like I can only have one
select-by-meta to replace limiting factors on the query.

I extract out of the URL the disk of the department, which translates
to the sector, plus I want to limit on extension, so inside swish.cgi
I have:

        select_by_meta  => {
            method      => 'radio_group',  # pick: radio_group,
popup_menu, or checkbox_group
            #method      => 'checkbox_group',
            #method      => 'popup_menu',
            columns     => 1,
            metaname    => 'sector',     # Can't be a metaname used elsewhere!
            values      => [qw/010 011 012 013 014 015 016 017 018 019/],
            labels  => {
                '010'   => 'General Management',
                '011'   => 'Technology',
                '012'   => 'Marketing',
                '013'   => 'Manufacturing',
                '014'   => 'Supply Chain Management',
                '015'   => 'Finance & Admin.',
                '016'   => 'HR & O',
                '017'   => 'Information Technology',
                '018'   => 'Customer Support',
                '019'   => 'Sales',
            },
            description => 'Sector: ',
        },

        select_by_meta  => {
            #method      => 'radio_group',  # pick: radio_group,
popup_menu, or checkbox_group
            method      => 'checkbox_group',
            #method      => 'popup_menu',
            columns     => 1,
            metaname    => 'ext',     # Can't be a metaname used elsewhere!
            values      => [qw/html pdf doc ppt/],
            labels  => {
                html    => 'HTML',
                pdf     => 'PDF',
                doc     => 'Word',
                ppt     => 'Powerpoint',
            },
            description => 'Formats: ',
        },

But in the resulting HTML I only see the bottom 'Formats' choices, not
the sector. If I place an "x" before the Formats' select_by_meta, I
only see the Sector choices, so at least it works one way _or_ the
other.

I want to see both, and want to get rid of the "Sort-By" line that
comes standard. Any ideas?

At a later stage I want to layout the form such that it uses minimal
vertical room, yet presents the sector and extension options
vertically. Is that possible using TemplateDefault.pm, or should I use
that to make it work functionally, and then lay it out the way i want
keeping the technical bits in place?

Regards,

Cas